Login with username, password and session length
View the memberlist
Search For Members
Invented by Sezy Designs
Topic: Mother (Read 952 times)
0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.
Location: Brisbane, Australia
April 11, 2012, 11:05:41 am »
I've used PSP9 for this tutorial, however you should be able to create this tag in all versions.
You will need to know how to apply filters and masks.
You can see the forum set result at the bottom of this post.
A tube and close up of choice.
I'm using one by
which you can purchase from
Please do not use the same tube without the appropriate license.
Fonts of choice.
I've used Interdimensional (an all-caps font) and Always Black (a script font)
Mask of choice.
I've used WSL_Mask241, which can be downloaded from
Wee Scots Lass
My Word art
. You can download it
Muras Meister Copies
Filter Factory L - Send Me An Angle
Filter Factory B - Seismic Twirl
AAA Frames Foto Frame
Eye Candy Impact - Gradient Glow (optional)
1. Open a new transparent image 600 x 600 pixels
2. Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.
3. Apply Mura Meister Copies with the following settings:
4. Adjust Blur Gaussian Blur with the following settings:
5. Effects Texture Effects Soft Plastic with the following settings:
6. Duplicate this layer and Apply Filter Factory L - Send Me An Angle with the following settings:
7. Apply Filter Factory B - Seismic Twirl with the following settings:
8. Change the blend mode of this layer to Soft Light, or one that suits your tag.
Let's get what we need for the forum tag.
Create a custom selection with the following settings:
Copy merged and paste as a new layer.
Now, return to your original canvas, and we'll finish the tag.
Crop the canvas to 600 x 600 pixels and Merge Visible.
11. Apply mask to this layer and Merge Group.
12. Paste your tube and move it into position. Add an appropriate drop shadow.
13. Open the word art. Make a selection around the quote, and copy it. Paste onto your tag and colourise to suit. Add a Gradient Glow and drop shadow as appropriate.
14. Add your name in your All-Caps font using white - I placed it under my tube, so that it looks as though my tube's sitting on the name. Add a drop shadow of choice and change the blend mode to Multiply (or one that suits your tag).
15. I then added the name again using a script font and applied a Gradient Glow and Drop Shadow.
16. Resize your tag and add your copyright and license number as required. Save your tag as a jpg or png.
Lets finish our forum tag.
17. Open the canvas we created earlier. Paste your tube or close up and move it to the left. Add a drop shadow.
18. Paste the word art onto your canvas and colourise to suit. Add a Gradient Glow and drop shadow as appropriate. Crop your tag to 600 x 250 pixels.
19. Merge visible and apply AAA Frames - Foto Frame with the following settings:
20. Add your name using your script font. Add a Gradient Glow and drop shadow as required. Add your copyright and license number as required.
And you're done
Here's the completed forum tag:
Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:25:34 pm by Sezy
I'd love to see the results from any of my tutorials - just email me at
Invented by Sezy Designs
Create your own free forum at CreateAForum.com
Buy traffic for your forum/website